We Have a New Area Code!
GBS Consultants, Inc. has a new area code! We haven't moved but our area code has changed from 314 to 636. Our 800 number is still available for your use!
GBS Consultants, Inc. is constantly enhancing Tracker in response to the suggestions from the hundreds of organizations that use it day in and day out. Tracker Version E.01.03 contains many exciting enhancements increasing its already existing robust list of features. Following is a brief summary of some of the many enhancements contained in Version E.01.03.
- Tracker now refers to "problems" as "tickets". Where commands were suffixed with a "P" such as AP, PP, etc., the commands are now suffixed with a "T" such as AT, PT, etc. For those of our users familiar with the old commands, they will still operate as in prior releases.
- Tracker now records the name of the person entering the ticket.
- The CHK command has been enhanced to allow the user to mark a ticket number. Once marked, the user may either Cancel the CHK command or Suspend the CHK command. In either case, the marked ticket number becomes the "current" ticket number. The user then has the option of pressing a function key or entering a command in the command window. When the next ticket related command is issued, the marked ticket will be displayed in the ticket window. The user can issue one or more Tracker commands such as Print Ticket (PT). If the user suspended the CHK command, the next time the user issues the CHK command, the user will be presented with the CHK display as it was when the user pressed Suspend Check.
- The ET data entry screen has been enhanced to include additional lines of text. As the ET data entry screen is typically utilized by the end user, it is natural that the end user would like to be able to fully describe the problem without requiring the use of a second data entry screen.
- Assignment Type has been added at the assignment level.
- With a new parameter, STATASSIGN, a user can specify which name status codes prohibit a ticket/assignment from being assigned to a particular name.
- Text is now automatically tagged with the current date, time, and the name of the user making the entry. Tracker will add the current date, time, and user's name as the last line of the text displayed when maintain text. The user then needs to merely add their descriptive information.
- When Browse returns will the selected tickets, accounts, names, etc., function key 4 is now labeled "Suspend Browse". By pressing function key 4, Tracker opens the command window. The user can issue any Tracker command such as PT (Print Ticket), MT (Modify Ticket), etc. As well, the user can issue any number of Tracker commands. The ticket number, account number, name, etc. that was displayed when the Browse was suspended becomes the "current" number. The Browse is "resumed" the next time the user issues the Browse command. Tracker will return the user back to the same ticket number, etc. that the user was reviewing when the user "suspended" the Browse.
- When pressing Previous Ticket, if the user is already positioned at the first ticket selected, Tracker will move to the last ticket selected. Pressing previous will continue to move the user through the tickets selected.
- Browse Tickets has been enhanced to allow the user to browse all names associated with a ticket including the names at the assignment level.
- Serial Number, Purchase Order Number, Check Number, Invoice Number, and Invoice Date have been added to Software Management.
- Serial Number, Purchase Order Number, Check Number, Invoice Number, Invoice Date, Inventory Date, and a second Descriptive Line have been added to Hardware Management.
- Port, Interrupt, DMA, Protocol, Driver, Shell Version, and Network Boot Sequence have been added to Hardware Location Management.
- Given the proper security access, the user may now add new code values directly from on-line help rather than exiting the current function, adding a code value, and returning.
- Help for the command window has been enhanced to allow the user to show the commands they have access to. Help begins by displaying a brief paragraph about the command window. By pressing function key 5 labeled Show Commands, the user will be taken through a series of menus much like the Security menus displaying the commands that the user can issue.
- When returning from help for which a list of valid values is displayed, if the user selects a value from the list, the value will be displayed as it is now and the cursor will be positioned at the next data entry field.
- Many new management reports are included in this new release of Tracker. These reports include Turn Around Report, Task Turnaround Report, and a Project Report.
- A new option has been added to the TRK0230 Report allowing the user to print the index only.
- A new code type, SETUPSTR, is now available to allow the user to establish various printer set up strings. The set up strings are available via the Tracker command POPT and when preparing a batch report.
- The SEC function has been enhanced by the addition of a new function key 5 labeled Continue. If function key 5 is pressed, any changes made to the security screen on which function key 5 is pressed plus any other changes made are processed and no further security screens are displayed to the user.
- A password of spaces can now be considered valid based on a new parameter.
- Abbreviations have been established for the main menu in TRACKERPARMS. It is now only necessary to enter the first character of each command in TRACKERPARMS. The main menu has been updated to reflect that the first character is in upper case indicating its abbreviation. As well, abbreviations have been established for the parameter names on the parameter menu. These abbreviations are the first five characters of the parameter name. The parameter menu has been updated to reflect that the first five characters are in upper case indicating its abbreviation.
- New code types of HARDMOD (Hardware Model), HARDMFG (Hardware Manufacturer), and HARDDESC (Hardware Description) have been added.
- Function key 8 has been labeled "Print Screen" in most functions. Pressing function key 8 will generate a printed copy of the data entry screen.
Tracker is moving to new platforms!
Graphical User Interface
- Tracker is moving to a client/server environment! This next release of Tracker will allow our users to access Tracker either as they do today or via a Window's client interface over a Winsock connection to the HP3000. The Window's client interface allows the same functionality that our users enjoy with Tracker today while enhancing their access with list boxes, radio buttons, scroll bars, and other controls. Using technology developed by Minisoft, GBS Consultants, Inc. is able to migrate Tracker to this environment without impacting the existing functionality of Tracker.
- Tracker is moving to Unix! Unix users will soon be able to enjoy the use of Tracker as the HP3000 users have done for years!
GBS Consultants, Inc.
17714 Littleleaf Court
Chesterfield, MO 63005
Copyright © 1996 - GBS Consultants, Inc.
Graphics by Starck Associates
Model Trains by Brian Spanel